Monday, 20 December 2010

There's no news like snow news

Yes, it is snowing. Again, or still, depending on your perspective. Things keep closing. Small things, like Gatwick and Heathrow airports. But it keeps turning to mush before we can get Zafra back out in it - today it went from snow to rain before we'd even noticed!

It's been a bit longer than intended since I've last been here. As with many folks round these parts, I've just got over some sort of bug. In fact, it seems to have done the family rounds - Zafra had fever and congestion, then I got ill, then Neil (although he seemed to get illness light - a much more tolerable version). Hence the time delay. But enough about that, I know that you really want to hear about Zafra!

Big news of the week - she's rolled back to front for the first time! She's a tricky one, though. A watched pot never boils, and a watched baby seemingly never rolls. For ages I sat poised with the camera, ready to video the miraculous roll and nothing. As soon as I put the camera down ... I turned my back for one second and she was up on her hands! Cheeky monkey! So no exciting rolling video this week ... soon ...

Another new thing this week - she's figured out that grabbing something and pulling it towards her will result in that object going in her mouth! She's not yet mastered this with hard objects, but she chews away on soft things, in particular her muslins (I think in the states these are sometimes called burp cloths?). Here she is, having stockpiled three of them and refusing to let any go:

This week, mid-illness, was Neil's birthday. We managed to have a lovely day anyway, and I surprised him with a fab digital camera (a dslr, one of the ones with proper lenses and everything), so you can expect some fun arty photos from him soon!

In the meantime, since there's not too much to mention, here's some photos and videos:
She loves being naked after a bath! Check out the edible limbs ..
Tuckered out after a big play session, snuggled under Daddy's sweater. She sometimes sucks her thumb while she's asleep.

Daddy sings her a personalised version of a Bobby McFerrin classic

The giggle-puss on her play mat

Parker decides that he wants to be part of the fun

No comments:

Post a Comment